Sunday, May 9, 2004

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Happy Mothers Day

I am so thankful HE placed you in my path
Some emails make me cry and others make me laugh
You are special to your family, your friends and me
Thank you for being everything that He asked you to be
There is something we have in common
It is motherhood you see
Many of us are grandmothers nothing is sweeter to me
Than to write about our children, family and grand's
Pretend that I have place a crown on your head
You are the Queen of your castle
Your testimony has flown across the miles
To touch many hearts that is in your email files
How fortunate I am to be one
That God led you to write
Thank you for all that you mean to me
Happy Mothers Day my email friend
If you happen to be a male then tell your wife
I wish for her the most glorious day of her life

Sarah Berthelson

============

Why Mothers Cry ....

"Why are you crying?" he asked his mom.

"Because I'm a mother," she told him.
"I don't understand," he said.
His mom just hugged him and said, "You never will!"
Later the little boy asked his father why Mother
seemed to cry for no reason.
"All mothers cry for no reason," was all his dad could
say.
The little boy grew up and became a man, still
wondering why mothers cry. So he finally put in a call to God and
when God got on the phone the man said, "God, why do mothers
cry so easily."
God said, "You see son, when I made mothers
they had to be special. I made their shoulders strong enough to
carry the weight of the world, yet gentle enough to give
comfort. I gave them an
inner strength to endure childbirth and the rejection
that many times come from their children.
"I gave them a hardiness that allows them to keep
going when everyone else gives up, and to take care of their
families through sickness and fatigue without complaining.
"I gave them the sensitivity to love their children
under all circumstances, even when their child has hurt
them very badly.
This same sensitivity helps them to make a
child's boo-boo feel better and helps them share a teenager's
anxieties and fears.
"I gave them a tear to shed. It's theirs exclusively to
use whenever it's needed. It's their only weakness.
It's a tear for mankind."

=============

Happy Mothers Day For Grandma's

          If I were granted any wish
          I'll tell what I would do--
          I would wish my children small again,
          Just for a month or two.

          To hear their squeals of laughter,
          to watch them as they play
          And when they ask me to join in,
          I would NOT say "not today

          I'd hug again their chubby frames,
          kiss away their hurts and tears,
          and cherish childhood innocence,
          that has washed away with years

          And when it is story time,
          I'll stay a little longer,
          To answer questions and sing the songs
          So their memories would be stronger.

          But time is callous, wishes, myth
          Yet God in all his wisdom,
          Has given me another chance,
          Before I join His kingdom.

          The face may be not just the same,
          the name is changed 'tis true,
          but yet the smile that radiates,
          reminds me so of you!

          God must have realized that
          Mothers need a chance or two,
          For many little happy things
          she had no time to do.

          So God gave love to Grandmas
          to equal that before,
          that in effect embraces,
          those little lives she bore.

          Author Unknown

==============

A Mother's Walk

The young mother set her foot on the path of life. "Is this the long
way?" she asked.

And the guide said, "Yes, and the way is hard. And you will be old before you reach the end of it. But the end will be better than the beginning

But the young mother was happy, and she would not believe that
anything could be better than these years. So she played with her
children, and gathered flowers for them along the way, and bathed
them in the clear streams. As the sun shone on them, and the young mother cried, "Nothing will ever be lovelier than this

Then the night came .. the storm ... the path became dark. The
children shook with fear and cold. The mother drew them close and covered them with her mantle. The children said, "Mother, we are not afraid, for you are near. No harm can come to us."

Then morning came. There was a hill ahead, and the mother and her children climbed and grew wearyShe would frequently tell the
children, "Keep your patience because we are almost there."

So the children continued to climb. When they reached the top they said, "Mother, we would not have done it without you."

When the mother laid down at night, she looked up at the stars and thought, "This is a better day than the last, for my children have learned fortitude in the face of hardness. Yesterday I gave them courage. Today I have given them strength."

The next day, strange clouds appeared which darkened the earth
clouds of war, hate, and evil. As the children groped and stumbled, the mother said, "Look up! Lift your eyes to the light!"

The children looked. They saw above the clouds, an everlasting
glory, and it guided them beyond the darkness. That night, the
mother said, " This is the best day of all, for I have shown my
children God."

The days went on, and the weeks, and the months, and the years. The mother grew old and she was little and bent over. But her children were tall and strong, and walked with courage. When the way was rough, they lifted her, for she was as light as a feather.
At last they came to the top of a hill.
They could see a shining road with a golden gate that opened wide.  The mother said, "I have reached the end of my journey. I now know that the end is better than the beginning, for my children can walk alone, and their children after them."

The children said,
"You will always walk with us, Mother, even when
you have gone through the gates."
They stood and watched her as she
went on alone. The gates closed after her. The children said,
"We cannot see her, but she is still with us. A mother like ours is more than a memory. She is a living presence."

Our mother is always with us.
She's the whisper of the leaves as we
walk down the street. She's the smell of bleach in our freshly
laundered socks. She's the cool hand on our brow when we're not
feeling well. Our Mother lives inside our laughter. She's
crystallized in every tear drop we shed.
She's the place we came from ... our first home.
She's the map we follow with every step we
take. She's our first love and our first heartbreak, and nothing on
earth can separate us from her ... Not time ... not space ... not
even death!

No comments: